Prayer support for missionaries’ personal and ministry needs is critical.
Financial support ensures that missionaries are able to engage in field ministry. You can see the options for donations by clicking on ‘Donate’ in the right corner.
Practical support can include communication with missionaries on the field, encouraging them through letters or phone calls, and during furlough it can include providing short-term housing or transportation.
We have been enlightened, enriched, and edified by many streams of Christian truth, and do not seek to distinguish or divide ourselves from other members of the Body of Christ. This statement describes the fundamental truths in which we believe and by which we seek to live.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, inerrant and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he was tempted by Satan and fell, and that all following Adam have sinned and are sinful; that repentance toward God, faith in Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary for salvation.
- We believe that followers of Jesus Christ are called to sanctification through identification with Jesus Christ in His death and resurrection.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, empowering, and gifts the Christian is enabled to live a life of godliness and effective service.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to the resurrection of life and the lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that all followers of Jesus are to be committed to the fulfilling of the Great Commission as found in Mt. 28:18-20, and are to be involved in making it possible for the Gospel to be preached to all the peoples of the world.
Member Care addresses all aspects of a missionary’s personality, spiritual, emotional and relational, their physical and economic well-being, both singles, couples, families and children, and is developmental and educational. It seeks to empower missionaries to make healthy choices by offering ongoing training, resourcing and equipping in all these areas. It is integral to all aspects of mission, leadership, logistics, spiritual formation and church life. It begins with selection and continues throughout the missionary life cycle to re-entry or retirement.
The responsibility for member care rests with the sending agency, the sending church, the receiving church, leadership at home and on the field, the team, families, individual supporters, competent member care providers and the individual missionaries themselves.