Dan Brokke left Saturday evening for Cape Town and the Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization. Monday afternoon he met with the US contingency. Tomorrow he joins delegates from Africa and South America who look to strengthen partnerships focused on evangelizing least-reached peoples.
The heart of the Lausanne movement for nearly 40 years has been to see “the whole church take the whole gospel to the whole world.”
Again we want to mention that Bethany is broadcasting sessions from Cape Town in the Prayer Room this week:
Fri, Oct 22 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Sat, Oct 23 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
You are invited to take in all of these sessions. There is no cost to this event.
Bethany College of Missions
The campus visit days, BCOM Preview, are November 4-5. Already 31 young people and family members have registered. Registration closes soon, so please speak to your young person, pastor and or youth pastor about this great opportunity to learn more about BCOM.
This week thirteen people from the Twin Cities took time off work to drive 20 hours (one way) in order to work long days in the US Gulf Coast region. Please be in prayer for this team before, during and after the dates of October 17-24:
- Safety in travel and work
- Good health as they minister with their hands and their words.
- Pray for wisdom for our field host as he plans projects for the team; we continually trust God for divine appointments!
- Pray for the team members own spiritual health – that they will move to a new, higher plateau in their relationship with God.
- Pray for God’s wisdom and anointing for STEM team leader, Sharon.
- Pray for our field host, Ken and his family; they have hosted volunteer groups for five years beginning right after Hurricane Katrina hit.