Bethany seeks to effectively partner worldwide to accelerate the spread of the gospel. We identify specific challenges and opportunities that warrant collaborative efforts and address root causes rather than just symptoms. The measure is that the Lord Jesus is made known and that His Body is empowered to take the church to where it is not.
Bethany is blessed to work with more than 100 international mission partners serving in 96 countries. This past year the fruit of these united efforts has seen the increase of thousands of new believers and new churches.
- 37,800 new followers of Jesus
- 1,260 churches started
Progress in preparing workers for the harvest field in 2016
- 303 pioneer missionary training schools
- 2,340 national workers trained
- 282 Unreached People Groups with Workers
- 106 Unreached People Groups adopted by Bethany and international partners
96 countries with Bethany workers and partners including
- 21 of the 50 predominately Muslim countries
- Both India and Nepal (95% of all Hindus in India)
- All 9 predominately Buddhist countries
- 28 of 30 countries with the largest numbers of Unreached people groups
“Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the Harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” Matthew 9:37
“Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone but if it dies, it bears much fruit.” John 12:24
This article is from the Fall 2017 Issue of coMission Magazine.